Tripwire is the exclusive distributor and installer of Tensor products in Ireland. Our company leads the Irish market on product innovation, product quality and post installation support service. We listen carefully to our customer’s requirements and use our expertise to provide the best possible solution for the best possible price.
Tensor is a UK based award winning, market leader in designing, manufacturing and installing security, access control, attendance monitoring and energy management solutions.
Tensor plc has a history of inventing, designing and manufacturing world-class products in the areas security and energy management.
- 1991 – Tensor designed and produced the world’s first smart card based Time and Attendance (T & A) system. It was an immediate success and made Tensor a serious competitor in the T & A and Access Control marketplace.
- 1992 – Realising the explosive growth of the Windows™ marketplace, Tensor launched WinTA, the first smart card Time and Attendance / Access Control software package especially written for Microsoft Windows™. It included full graphics, report and analysis generators, and the ability to hold a photo on file for every employee within a company.
- 1995 – Continuing with its image as technology brand leaders in T & A and Access Control, Tensor launched its new 16-bit clocking station in May 1995. Able to hold clocking and security information on 2,500 people, each unit had advanced automatic fire-roll features, an intelligent uninterruptible power supply and the ability to handle up to 12 Access Control points. Use of the latest Surface Mount Technology (SMT) made the equipment reliable and kept prices low.
- 2000 – Tensor launched WinTA Lite, a market beating, low-priced Time and Attendance system. WinTA Lite includes the T32xx clocking station (with a large graphical display), 50 smart cards, software and manuals. It is EU Working Time Directive compliant and multi-lingual.
- 2001 – Tensor announced its new low-cost Access Control system, Tensor Access. This record-breaking, feature-packed Access Control system is the companion product of WinTA Lite and enables existing WinTA Lite customers to extend their T & A system into an extensive and comprehensive Access Control system, using the same smart cards. Tensor Access can also be installed as a stand-alone system for those wanting the security and peace of mind of Access Control, but have only a limited budget.
- 2002 – Tensor launches a new range of Ethernet based Time & Attendance and Access Control equipment. This allowed our customers to hook most of our products onto their PC networks, utilising their existing cable runs.
- 2002 cont. – Tensor announced they had designed and developed the Worlds 1st biometric Time and Attendance verification and Access Control systems. Reading the fingerprint of the ‘live’ tissue underneath the skin of a finger is real space age technology – but in down-to-earth terms it means that irrefutable proof of a person’s identity is provided, so no more buddy clockings!
- 2003 – Tensor launched the T1582 fingerprint reader add-on for the T8440 clocking stations. During 2003, Tensor gained ISO9001 accreditation & became British Security Industry Association members.
- 2004 – Tensor adds biometric technology to our visitor monitoring and prison visitor monitoring systems. This technology provided these systems with irrefutable proof of a visitors identity.
- 2004 cont. – Tensor launched the T4220 low-cost, PC based fingerprint logon device, and the T4230 PCMCIA security unit for protecting data and access to laptop computers.
- 2006 – Tensor started its CCTV division. With nearly 20 years experience in the security market, Tensor realised that many of our customers were looking for “one stop” solutions from single suppliers to provide integrated security systems. Tensor initially used a number of suppliers for the supply of DVR’s and digital CCTV cameras, but in recent years has now forged a very strong relationship with Panasonic as an integration partner and J2K who manufacture high-end, specialist software based NVR’s. Our CCTV systems have been installed in many blue-chip and high-end establishments across the UK and beyond.
- 2009 – Tensor launched its latest Tensor.NET product ranges. This was a major breakthrough for Tensor in that Tensor’s T8526 Door Controller became the only ACPO ‘Secured by Design’ licensed door controller commercially available. Tensor also designed and manufactured a new range of T & A terminals with full colour screen, Li-Ion battery back up and many advanced features including evacuation reporting, on screen self service modules and 100 Meg Ethernet connection. Another major breakthrough for Tensor.NET was the CCTV link directly into our Access Control systems. This fully integrated a number of CCTV Network Video Recorders (NVR’s) into the Tensor.NET Access Control product suite. In addition, Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) was integrated into the Tensor.NET product suite. In 2011, Tensor designed the Pharos camera which is utilised as a rapid development self-powered camera with built in DVR, manufactured to ballistics standards. Tensor also advanced our CCTV video analytics software with our partner company.
Today, Tensor has continued the position of the U.K. No.1 by being the only British smart card designer and manufacturer of terminals. Our WinTA product is the most comprehensive software package for combined T & A, Access Control and Personnel Management. WinTA is employed by many of Europe’s leading companies, and offers the most comprehensive handling of the EU Working Time Directive Legislation
Tensor is still constantly committed to innovation. Since Tensor.NET’s launch in 2009, Tensor has integrated facial recognition systems, hand scanning, re-developed our entire fingerprint reading systems for both Access Control and Time and Attendance, designed and developed many links including into Oracle HR, Microsoft AD and many other database driven applications & data management tools. Our very latest innovations for 2015 include mass-facial recognition using CCTV technology, NVR based multiple Mega-pixel CCTV recording technology & Microsoft Outlook integration.
Tensor plc continues to be a financially strong company, currently employing 126 people, with various facilities within the UK with its headquarters operating from its own 1,120m² (12,000 sq. ft.) purpose built facility attached to a magnificent old country house standing in 5 acres of grounds at Hail Weston in Cambridgeshire.
Tensor’s Research & Design activities remain a top priority which will maintain Tensor’s position as a market leader in the security equipment sector for years to come.